Sunday, April 26, 2020

Welcome Back! Time to GET IT DONE!!!





Families,

Welcome back! I hope everyone was able to enjoy some outside time last week. Thanks to Governor Baker's impeccable timing, I spent my vacation figuring out how the rest of the year is going to play out ( He just had to call off the rest of the school year on the first day of vacation!!). First, I am so sorry that all of our seniors will miss out on sports and senior events. I know that this really stinks. I spoke to some of you and your parents on the phone over the weekend and one comment that I heard was " why bother doing work, we are not going to have a graduation so it's pointless". Well, if you take one thing and only one thing away from being a student at the Academy is that quitting is never an option. I hope I have been able to teach you that sometimes we have to pick ourselves up and overcome adversity. As much as this stinks, the ENTIRE COMMUNITY is behind you. You really have two options, quit or take the next few weeks and work harder than you ever have. I can promise you this, you will have a graduation. It may not be when we traditionally hold a graduation, but we will celebrate you. Work hard and get your school work done so we can have the biggest celebration the city has ever seen. Hard work ALWAYS pays off. Don't quit, you must keep going!!
As I first mentioned, the Governor made his decision on the first day of break and some of the city administrators took time away from school. This really has been a 24/7 job over the last month so the time off was much deserved. In the conversations I was able to have with the Superintendent, here is what I know:

1). We are not sure when or how the High School graduation will be. Again, there will be something but we are meeting this week to begin discussions.

2). Same holds true with the Academy graduation. Again, I PROMISE we will celebrate your accomplishments. Just worry about what we can control and that is ALL OF YOU COMPLETING YOUR WORK! 

3). Online work will continue. We are in a good spot.  A vast majority of you are doing some work however we really gotta pick it up. I have spoken to some of you and your parents this weekend. I plan on calling all students and your parents this week to check in and clarify what it is you need to complete before the last day of school.

4). I am planning a Google Hangout session for Wednesday at 10:00 am. I think it would be nice to see all of you and catch up. I will send the invite out Monday afternoon.

As I get more information, I will pass it along to you. Just remember, the community is rooting for you. It's up to all of us to work together and make them really proud. Time to get it done!

-Mr. B

No comments:

Post a Comment