Friday, April 17, 2020

COVID-19 Update: Week 5 and Sliding into Vacation


Families,
We survived week 5! Hope you are all doing well. I wanted to touch base with you regarding a few things:

1). Students are engaging in their work daily, some more than others. Next week is April vacation and students ARE NOT REQUITED TO DO WORK!  However, If you are a senior that is behind it may not be a bad idea to continue working.

2). For seniors, we only have a few weeks to go when we return ( like 20 days). Most of you are in great shape. However, there are a few that are in some trouble. I can tell you that I had several meetings with Dr. Lord and our Superintendent Dr. Kerble. It was made clear, if students ( either at the Academy or PVMHS)  do not complete their work they will be expected to go to summer school. Please do not think there will be a break given because of the circumstances. If you are having troubles at home, please reach out, we are willing to work with you and your family. I have not received any indication from anyone that there are any issues with getting the work done so please reach out ASAP so we can help if it is needed.

3). Overall, I am EXTREMELY EXTREMELY PROUD OF ALL OF YOU!! Parents included. This has been really difficult on many levels. I can tell you, I am going out of my mind and I know how you all feel. Take some time next week and try to enjoy yourself. I am planning a Google Hangout the week we get back so we can all catch up with each other. 

Please, be safe and enjoy some time off next week.

Mr. B 

No comments:

Post a Comment