Monday, March 23, 2020

COVID-19 Update: Day 6 & What to Expect Next Week!

Family,
I hope you all are well. I wanted to thank all of you for being patient and getting through last week. This has been extremely difficult for everyone. I did see that 18 of our 28 students did some work last week. That needs to get better. If you need a laptop or internet service I can help you. You all have smartphones and have the ability to email me. Please do!
 Superintendent, Dr. Kerble sent out a notice yesterday indicating that he believes ( as do I ) that this may last longer than three weeks already planned. I have spent countless hours working with him as well as all of the District Leaders and we are finalizing a plan that will begin next Monday, March 30th. Beginning on Monday, student expectation are a follows:

1). Students will be expected to log on and complete work each day. Daily attendance will be taken through ASPEN & Edgenuity. You will be expected to complete 1 hour of work each day in your Edgenuity class. Failure to do so will count as an absence from the class and will effect your grade. 

2). Students in Ms. Murray's Blended class will work with Ms. Murray to meet daily requirements. This may include attending virtual class via Google Hangout, passing in your Independent Reading Assignment Virtually, etc.  She will follow up with an email outlining her daily expectations.

3). 4th Quarter grades will be of Pass/Fail. Teachers will outline what this means for their Blended Class. 

4). Your 3rd quarter grades will include all work up until the last time we meet 
(3/13). If you owe Mr. T and/or Mrs. Murray any work you need to email them and make it up before Monday.

I understand that that this is not ideal. However, you are all better prepared for this than anyone at PVMHS. You all have phones and have the ability to reach out to any of us and complete the required work. If you need a Chromebook or internet, just email me and I will get it taken care of. Please, if anyone has any questions please feel free to email me. Be safe and I look forward to seeing you all real soon.
Mr. B

No comments:

Post a Comment