Wednesday, March 18, 2020

COVID-19 Update: Day 3, Mr. T's Geometry & a Message from Ms. Murray

Students & Families,
It was really nice talking to some of you over the last few days. If you have not heard from me, I will be calling over the next few days checking in on everyone. I hope everyone is hanging in there the best that they can. I have an update for anyone taking Mr. T's Geometry class. If you were in his blended Geometry class, Mr. T created a special Geometry class on Edgenuity. Just log in and jump right into the class. If you have any issues, just email him at Tanglisk@peabody.k12.ma.us. He can make arrangements to help you via email or through Google Hangouts. Again, I expect that everyone is working each and every day! My recommendation is that each students spends at least 4 hours online working. I would also recommend reading at least 1 hour each night if you need to complete Ms. Murray's reading assignment. If you have not looked at your email, Ms. Murray sent out a fantastic email last night that I am including as part of this update. Please take a minute and read through. Again, please reach out if you have any questions. Be safe!
-Mr. B
From Ms. Murray:

Hello All!

Well, Alek was right...schools actually closed! Alek, I am sorry for doubting you! I will spend these next three weeks getting better at the internet.

All joking aside, I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy. I wanted to reach out to make sure you all were comfortable with our academic goals for you in the next few weeks, and also make sure that everyone has everything they need (both academically and otherwise) for our time off.

1. We are in a better position than most schools in the state. You can already complete most of your work online at home! Please be signing into Edgenuity to stay on track in your classes (especially you, seniors!). I know many of you have already been doing this. Bravo! If you do not have internet at home, I do know that Comcast is offering free wifi during this pandemic if you haven't looked into it already. Details about that here.

2. If you are in my Blended English classes, you have an independent reading assignment that you can be working on. Mr. B sent out a link to that assignment over the weekend, but in case you missed it, you can find it here. Many of you have picked books already, but if not, check out the Peabody Public Library website for resources. The library is closed but you can still check out audiobooks! I'm finishing up a book I loved called Daisy Jones and the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid. I'll try to put together a book talk demo video to give you guys an idea of what you should be preparing for this assignment. 

3. Mr. B is giving out extra credit! Follow him on Twitter, Facebook or Insta; he is posting one extra credit assignment each day, and if you complete it, you can get either 3 extra points on a final class grade, skip three assignments in a class, or makeup three absences! 

4. Lastly, I know some of the students at our school get free or reduced lunch (and probably other qualify). If you are feeling food insecure during this time out of school, please shoot me an email. There are a lot of resources for those who qualify for free or reduced lunch during this time out of school, and you do NOT need to go without a meal. I know as of Monday, breakfasts/lunches were being delivered all over the city. Other cities and towns are doing pickup points. Just let us know if you aren't sure who to ask!

5. Did I miss anything?

Whew! Thanks for sticking with me through that wall of text. I guess I miss you, my cherubs! Please be well, and I'll see you all in a few weeks.

Best, 
Ms. Murray


No comments:

Post a Comment