Monday, March 16, 2020

COVID-19 Update: Day 1



Academy Students & Families,
I hope everyone is starting to find some normalcy during day 1 of what is now are 3 week hiatus. I wanted to give you a brief update to what is happening. Governor Baker announced a mandatory closing of all schools for three weeks. We will now be expected back to school on Tuesday, April 7th. We did not know or expect any decision from Governor Baker until he made the announcement last night. Information is coming fast and is constantly changing. I ask that you please be patient during this time. I will pass along any information as soon as I receive it.  I plan on meeting with Mayor Bettencourt, city officials and all school personnel tomorrow morning. I will relay any news to you immediately after my meeting. As for now, I would recommend trying to help your child structure the day the best you can. Here is an example of how you may want to structure your child's day:

8-9 am
Wake up
Eat, get dressed
9-11 am
School Work
Log onto Edgenuity & work
11-12 pm
Lunch 
Eat Lunch, Take a walk, Look at your phone
12-2 pm
Back to Work!!
Log onto Edgenuity & get some more work done!!
2-3 pm
Break Time
Take some time away from school work. Go outside and get some fresh air!
3-4 pm
Read
Spend time reading your Independent Reading Book for Ms. Murray.
4-7 pm
Dinner & Family Time
Eat dinner and spend time with your family.
7-8 pm
Extra Credit
Take a look at the Academy Facebook page, Twitter feed, or Instagram Account. Mr. B will assign extra credit assignments daily that could be used to make up absences, eliminate some school work when we get back, or boost your overall grade in any subject!
8-10 pm 
TV Time
TV, Video games, phone, etc
10 pm
Bed Time
Lights out! Big day tomorrow!!!

I have 2 kids of my own and my wife and I are using a template similar to this. Granted, I have little kids and it will be easier to implement, it is always good to try and organize their school day. I will be at the school until 2 if you or your child needs to pick anything up. Also, I will be posting extra credit assignments for the students to complete. These assignments will be found on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter. If a student completes each of my assignments, I will allow students to use the credits towards making up an absence, eliminating some school work from Edgenuity, or boosting their grade in a certain class. Please be safe and feel free to email if you have any questions.
Mr. B 

No comments:

Post a Comment