Monday, June 8, 2020

Week 13: Weekly Update & New Info for Graduation



Families,
Hope everyone enjoyed your weekend.  For our Underclassman, only 2 more weeks left. I am not sure if anyone watched the news and saw the guidelines for reentry to school next year. If not, Channel 5 did a great job of highlighting the major points. 10 students per class and wearing a face mask may be the new norm. I will be honest, I would not be shocked if we start the year in remote learning. With that being said, our Jr's need to make a better effort from here on out. You all have a wonderful opportunity to finish your classes. Your effort as a whole needs to be better.  Now for our SENIORS!!
  • It was really great to see most of you on Friday as you picked up your Cap & Gowns. I really missed seeing you all each day ( even those of you that drove me crazy!). For the handful of you that missed out, I will be at the Mall School on THURSDAY @ 8:30 SHARP!! I only plan on spending 15 minutes there so make sure you are on time and I will get you your Cap & Gown.
  • I have been planning Graduation. It will not be exactly the same as normal. However, I have a really cool idea on how to make this day somewhat normal and very special for our graduates. However, I have an assignment for every graduate.....
  • First: I need each student to film themselves saying the pledge of allegiance in the cap & Gown ( Trust me)...
  • Then: I would like each student to film themselves ( in Cap & Gown) thanking their loved ones, the special people in their lives, and anyone that they believe helped them make graduating possible.  Also, thank the Northshore Mall for their support!
  • Finally: Students have the opportunity to film themselves saying anything that they would like. Tell a story, Share the importance of the day, tell their favorite memory of their tie at the Academy. Just try to make it under 1 minute. 
I need the video shared with me by Friday July 19th.  I really think that everyone will really enjoy what I have planned. As long as everyone contributes something, this day will be very memorable.. Stay tuned for more details..

That's it for now. My underclassmen, FINISH UP STRONG!!
Mr. B 

No comments:

Post a Comment